Thursday, 30 September 2010

storytelling



















As if the night never existed, as if you flow within my dreams. Titans and Gods of my childhood. 










Despoina




















Despoina, my grandma's best friend. She is almost 90 years old. Her humour is endless. Once she told me: '' I wish I had died young and beautiful; everyone would remember me as young and beautiful. What if I die now? everyone will say: she was old and she died.'' and then we started laughing. For me Despoina is both young and beautiful!

Δέσποινα, η καλύτερη φίλη της γιαγιάς μου. Είναι περίπου 90 χρόνων. Το χιούμορ της είναι αστείρευτο. Μια μέρα μου είπε : '' Μαγάρι να'χα ποθάνει νιά κι όμορφη, όλοι θα με θυμόταν νιά κι όμορφη. Αν αποθάνω δα ήντα θα λένε; γρά ήταν κι απόθανε.'' Αρχίσαμε να γελάμε. Για μένα η Δέσποινα είναι και νέα και όμορφη. 





 ...




Κουρήτες, Ροδοπού


The Cretan soul is rooted deep within the earth. Dancing non-stop in an ancient rhythm.

Η Κρητική ψυχή έχει ρίζες βαθιά μέσα στη γη. Και χορεύει ασταμάτητα σε ένα ρυθμό πανάρχαιο.

                                                                                                            
                                                           



No comments: